CATAPULT IS YOUR GROWTH ORIENTED CFO
CFO . ACCOUNTING . TAX
Catapult is a professional services firm focused on delivering Chief Financial Officer and Accounting services to high-growth private and public companies.
Our vision is to become a key financial and strategic advisor in the advancement of the businesses we work with.
WHO WE ARE
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We are a CFO professional services firm with a passion for driving sustainable growth in the clients we serve. We’ve had the privilege to work with some of the most exciting businesses in Vancouver and have established a reputation for consistently being able to execute on growth.
CATAPULT IS YOUR GROWTH ORIENTED CFO
OUR PROVEN ENGAGEMENT MODEL
We provide a tailored engagement model depending on the need, size and the growth stage of the client company.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive growth strategies to create and sustained value
- Realign operating model to reach strategic objectives
- Implement budgeting and forecasting processes to support and monitor strategy execution
- Develop and execute international expansion strategies
- Formulate and execute on capital raising strategies
- Liaise with lenders and investors
- Prepare and present investor presentations
- M&A transaction advisory services
- Financial modelling and due diligence services to support corporate transactions
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and accompanying MD&A’s
- Prepare monthly management reports highlighting KPI’s and financial performance
- Liaise with external auditors and tax specialists
- Ensure clients comply with all regulatory and reporting requirements (TSX, TSX-V, NYSE, BCSC, IIROC)
- Customized and scalable full cycle accounting packages
- Manage payroll transactions and employee benefit plans
- Prepare GST/HST returns
- Prepare and present business insights including project, managerial, and operating reporting
EXPERTISE IN GROWTH
CLIENTS WE WORK WITH
We offer our clients a full spectrum of accounting, tax, capital raising and strategic planning services across sectors. Through our tailored integrated approach, we help privately-owned and public companies manage risk, minimize tax and strategically plan for continued growth and success.
MEET THE MINDS BEHIND THE WORK
The Catapult Team is committed to developing solid business relationships with its clients to ensure that individual and company needs are understood and met.
We work on the frontlines with clients to understand their needs and deliver customized solutions to achieve success. Our experienced team of highly skilled professionals are geared to meet the challenges of high-growth businesses.
Jason Tong, CPA, CA, CFA
FOUNDER AND CEO
Jason Tong has over a decade of experience providing accounting, tax, capital raising, systems implementation, and CFO services to private and public companies in the technology, professional services, manufacturing, consumer goods, finance, not-for-profit, and mining sectors. Previously, Jason was the CFO of Pathway Capital Ltd, a venture capital firm with a portfolio of early stage ventures with market capitalization ranging from $5M to $100M. Jason articled at Deloitte & Touche LLP in Vancouver where he provided assurance and tax services. Jason is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) and is a Chartered Financial Analyst charter holder (CFA).
Derek Sobel, CPA, CA
Derek Sobel has over eight years of experience in financial reporting, corporate modelling and financial audits working with public and private companies in the software, mining, construction, not-for-profit, tourism, and service industries. Previous to joining Catapult, Derek worked at a fast-growing software company as the corporate controller where he oversaw all finance and accounting aspects of the company. Before entering the technology sector, Derek worked in public practice in Calgary, where he provided full scale assurance and tax services. Derek is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA).
Lynn Yang, CPA, CGA
Lynn Yang has over 10 years of professional accounting experience in financial reporting, business insights and corporate budgeting. Previous to joining Catapult, Lynn led multiple accounting functions at highly entrepreneurial companies. Lynn enjoys tackling complex business problems and prides herself in being able to streamline and optimize accounting management processes. Lynn is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CGA)